Monday, July 19, 2010

Back...

...from the big Bendigo Sheep & Wool Show. I sold quite a bit through the North East Yarns stall, so I have a lot of stock to replenish as well as lots more spinning to do. I was very pleased to sell a couple of skeins of yarn to Nicola Bota of Ashford (now a consultant). Nicola is always very pleasant to meet up with and she remembers me as well from previous times.
On the spending I will be organising with Mandie (EGMTK) to buy a beautiful motorized carder from Strauch. I took along some of my cleaned Corriedale fleece and was very pleased with the result from just one pass. I can't wait!!!!
Of course I took my camera but not one photo did I take, now how dumb was that. Next Year maybe.
I also chatted with some of the stallholders, a little bit of networking goes a long way.
I behaved myself and didn't spend too much on fibre, knowing I will have to find more space in an already overcrowded area.....
Therefore the shed is now coming along and will be complete in a couple of days, then for the electrician and then to be lined for comfort, then fitting out for working in. Ohhhhh, I can't wait.
More instalments next time.

2 comments:

  1. which size carder did you get - i suppose for you it would have to be the big one. Weren't they splendid ? if I didn't already have the Orteol, I might have been pursuaded :)
    Sorry I missed you - you really DO need to get a Rav badge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double wide,will be much better to use than the Ertoel, with variable speed and reverse. VCan't wait. Will give me lots of work to do. Where does one get a badge.

    ReplyDelete