Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas time...

...is definitely for the young.
Trying to decide how to best catch up with my children and grandchildren is now proving difficult with extensions to the family.
First stop this year at my oldest daughter's house to exchange presents. My middle daughter and her partner then dropped in as they were getting a ride to my mother's house where Christmas lunch was to be this year with 23 adults, and 4 greatgrandchilren (not the usual 38 plus).
Then go to my youngest daughter's unit to exchange presents, put the baby seat in the car, with 1 year old Mackenzie. Also travelling with us is my patner's widowed elderly mother.
I think my youngest sister had the right idea this year, as her son was working in the afternoon, they had lunch with him and his little family and had a lovely private time.
We all like to catch with our immediate family, but now with our own granchildren coming,all things must change.
I found that I could not have enough private time with my girls, their partners, and now the little ones. I could not get any family photos.
Am I being selfish? No, I don't think so! Reorganization will be on the agenda next year so we all get to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment