Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Just a little update.....

Sunday's market at Girgarre started out with weather changing to showers. Should I set up?? Might as well, weather can be all-changing, as it was. Showered on and off with just a few of the cotton totes getting damp, with the wool products staying dry. This market coincided with the annual Moosic Muster so there were a few people around. Had a surprisingly successful day, as usually visitors are just looking and buying fruit and vegies. So it was great to sell wool products in the middle of summer.












Last week I could only spin at night as I was working the full week while my colleagues were away. No working in the studio until Saurday, so have been carding more wool since.



I am still waiting for repairs to the NEW Air Con when it broke down after 3 or 4 uses. The service agent is waiting for a part to come in. I am glad we haven't had real hot weather, it does get hot and steamy in there. I am using a water cooler at the moment.

I have been able to update the website with some new handspun yarns as they have been completed. I previously had some dyed English Leicester from Coral Stuart, which I have blended once through the carder to soften the EL. The greens and blues, with several other colours through it give the yarn a nice natural finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment