Friday, February 25, 2011

Tongala Village Green Market .....

..is on this Sunday. I have more handspun yarns for the winter knitting season. I also have natural coloured tops for spinners and felters.

February is nearly over and what a summer we have had. More people have been by abnormal weather events than we have ever known. I hope it settles soon.

I thought that when I dropped some work hours it would give me more time for my craft, but this week has been extra busy - Seymour Alternative Expo, Saturday; Beechworth Old Schoolhouse Gallery, Sunday to meet up with the North East Yarns. (This gallery is worth a look as several stalls belonging to several indidual artists or a group of artists, have been incorporated into the one building ). There is also a tearoom to partake in fabulous teas and scones. Monday, teaching spinning, Tuesday work, Wednesday Ballarat visit to the Hospital, my ex MIL is unwell again, very tired. Thursday handed over the Suri handspun, Friday work, Saturday off to Kyneton to look at some Lowline heifers. Need more stock, lots of grass.

Have had to mow the sheep paddocks to mulch the Bathurst burr, looking much better, the grass will start growing with the new dew. Sheep are looking better, so hope no more fly-strike. Have a new shelter set for a shearing area and yarding to be completed. Looking forward to a bit better facility.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your craft time increases next week. Some weeks are just extra busy. We need a shelter for the shearing but have great yards now which evenb trick the very clever sheep.
    Have a wonderful market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, my youngest daughter is driving over with Mackenzie to say hi. Looking forward to shearing/yards etc.

    ReplyDelete