Saturday, October 15, 2011

I cannot believe I have....

....not written anything for a month. Some catching up to do.
Tomorrow is shearing day for my black coloured sheep who are starting to look decidedly bedraggled and daggy. Praying no flystrike, after a couple of humid days.
Sunday off to the Mooroopna Farmer's Market from 8.00am to 1 pm.
Although I haven't blogged I have not been idle.
The two granddaughters have turned 3 and 2 respectively in September and October, and birthdays can be busy.
I have completed the Alpaca for a customer and am about to start another for another client. In the meantime I have to catch up and get some of my own fleeces done.

Granddaughters helping feed the calf.


Machine knit Lace Capelet/Poncho


Handspun Natural Mid grey
 I have added some new items to the website so go and take a look to see what's there.
Work is ongoing on the farm with repairs to fencing. Calving is finished with 23 calves. We lost one cow whose calf we are now feeding and one calf whose mother was too young. Some of these Lowline heifers seem to matue much sooner and therefore while the bull is in with the mothers accidents can happen but you don't know until much later.
We are currently looking at the possibility of getting the dairy up and running again, so that the farm can make an income. Oh well early mornings. Maybe I can make some cheeses again, nothing like my own Camembert, fetta or haloumi.

No comments:

Post a Comment