Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter....

It's a lovely day outside this Easter Sunday. So, have been watering fruit trees and vegie garden, watching the pumpkins grow. Checked out what was underneath a dying peanut plant - not quite right peanuts - so I know we can grow them here. The other plants are still growing, not dying back, yet. Dug up some potatoes, as well.
Later this afternoon, will head off to Echuca this afternoon to have tea with the girls and family, and visit my parents as well.
My mother gave me the sad news that her brother, Les, had died quietly in his sleep last night. My uncle had led a busy life over the years, having many farms, last being at Daylesford. He was renowned for attending the Dog Trials on his scooter. when I went to visit my ex-MIL at Ballarat St. John of God Hospital 2 weeks ago, I had hoped that I would get the chance to visit Les as well, but he had been discharged that day, as there was no more they could do for him. I would imagine that he would have practically jumped out of bed when they said he could go home (if his legs would have let him). My sister took Mum to visit him a couple of days later.
Uncle Les was 80 years old (always a good innings).
My ex-MIL remains in hospital in a stable condition, so now we wait and see.

I had a reasonable day at Nagambie Market yesterday, lots of people about, a bit cool to start off with but warming up late morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment