Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today I am....

...picking, carding and spinning some Suri fleece for a client. It is an extremely long fleece, and I wanted to spin it as a raw fleece. Because of it's length it has proved a little challenging. I cut it half and hand carded originally, but now I am picking as a whole length then drum carding several times before spinning. I think the skeins still look lovely. This I am spinning on my Ashford Joy.
Over the last week or so I have also commenced another alpaca fleece for another client, this is on my electric wheel, another alpaca fleece is being spun on the Tara wheel.
In the meantime a grey fleece has been picked and carded, the remainder of a white fleece is halfway through being carded, and the brown fleece has been picked.
Out on the verandah a tan alpaca fleece, and a dark brown sheep fleece are drying after their washing process.
I now feel productive. Will get more photos on here soon.
I might go to Merrigum this afternoon to catch up with the ArtMooveau girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment