Monday, September 20, 2010

Adding Stash...






...to the Studio. Studio is filling up fast. Added a couple more big shelving which seem to be working well.
I also recently started on this Tablerunner and 4 placemats from 8 Batik prints I bought at the Craft Quilt show in July. I hope they will sell when the time comes.



Have been practising on my old knitting machine. Can't wait to try the new ones when the electricity gets put on. The electrician was out the other day looking at whether it was safe to dig the trench, but, not yet as too wet and boggy still. Now, it is drying quite well so I hope it will happen soon.

I continue to pick a dark brown fleece, and then throw it through the carder. Because it is predominantly Merino it seems to need at least 3 cardings. I think there are quite a few short pieces throughout. Oh well if I get sick of spinning it I think felting it would be a good option. (Bags come to mind!) I am still spinning up a grey fleece, which seems to be quite fine somewhere between a 5ply and 8ply which should suit a shawl or a nice patterned jumper.

The sheep are looking very woolly so will have to organise the shearer soon, in between 2nd and 1st birthdays for the grandchildren.



No comments:

Post a Comment