Monday, September 6, 2010

Wet Times...





....setting up the Studio/workshop. It includes the second-hand knitting machines that I have just bought, and set up is my original Empisal knitting machine(always set up) and brought out of retirement.





I thought I would put up a couple of photos to show how wet it has been...
...this is the drain that runs through the farm. It is higher than the concrete drain ....
..that Leigh is pulling up the door here to drain water from this paddock where it is running down from higher paddocks.
.....Handspun Corriedale wool, and a handspun and commercial wool woven scarf.
.....Strauch double-wide motorized carder.

4 comments:

  1. Colleen, That carder looks amazing. Glad to see you set up in your wonderful studio. My sheep say hi to your sheep. Think they wish to discuss the weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen, Thanks for dropping by my blog. I hope the wet doesn't cause too many problems for you. It looks pretty bad on TV. Your set up is looking very swish ..especially with the carder....all that space to work in as well..I am green with envy.
    Cheers
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping in Joan. Wet not so bad here as elsewhere. It drains away here with a bit hanging about on the flat. Looking forward to setting up properly.
    Sue, my sheep say Hi, back, and are looking forward to (dare I say it) dry weather for a little while.
    Cheers,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collen your work space looks amazing and a huge space, that carder is awesome !!!!
    Were not as wet down this neck of the woods but the rain and wind straight off Bass Straight is a shocker this year lol
    Roll on Sunshine i say xoxo

    ReplyDelete