Friday, April 1, 2011

April....

....My daughter Rebecca's birthday today. As she is in Melbourne working she was having lunch and tea out today. Also she has major preparations ahead of her for a job transfer to Papua New Guinea in a couple of months, so will certainly miss her.

Tomorrow is Nagambie market, followed on Sunday with a demonstration Spinning Day( where I will have all my goodies including my new yarns) at Merrigum Historical Day.

Monday spinning at Rushwool Knit and Yarn where I will be taking a small supply of my thick and thin fulled yarn.

Tuesday half day in the studio and half at work.

Yesterday I had a fabulous day at Stitch This in Kyabram where I attended a workshop with Maria Martin learning to use her Pattern Drafter. I actually was able to make the blocks for a dress that would fit me. I have a terrible sizing when it comes to clothes, and I find it difficult to get affordable clothes off the shelf. I am looking forward to sewing my own clothes again.
 http://www.mariamartin.com.au/

On the sheep front after a two year break, I will have lambs again. The first arrived yesterday afternoon, with another this morning. The sight of black lambs is to be beholden. Hope the sheep behave while at the market tomorrow as it is an early start for travel. Look forward to the end of daylight saving so it is light when I get up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen,
    It was lovely to meet you at the pattern drafting workshop - still cant believe how easy it was to draft our pattern blocks!
    Anyhow, I'm going to boost your followers by one - hope you don't mind!
    Come by and check out my blog if you get a chance!
    Cheers
    The Quick Unpick

    ReplyDelete