Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hand knitting happening..

...with a rectangular poncho almost half way completed. I am using our North East Yarns Warby Tweed, and knitting in stocking stitch with Moss stitch borders and as a pattern down the centre of front and back. The photo unfortunately doesn't due the yarn any justice. 


          And a triangular shawl using stocking stitch with an eyelt pattern . The yarn has been handspun from a pinky orange fibre top originally from EGMTK
I have been working on the knitting machine yesterday and today and am halfway up the front of a front of a vest or jumper (I will decide later). It will take sometime to do as I am handtooling the eyelet pattern that I have decided to do. It is a lovely green colour, just a little lighter than khaki.

1 comment:

  1. It is great weather for knitting. Hope your studio is warm.

    ReplyDelete