Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First days of retirement...


...was spending the weekend on my own, so started washing a fleece, as well as carding other fleeces. Winding off some 8ply white for dyeing for a customer, winding off 100gm lots of white tops ready for spinning thick and thin and then dyeing.
Trying to tidy bits of papers and magazines, that seem to accumulate. I generally flip through first and then get back to reading them later. Needless to say the pile grows.
Here are photos of some natural coloured batts and some thick and thin hand dyed yarn.
Today was a big day. Back to work to share morning tea with staff and residents, and speeches and a gift of flowers and a voucher, almost made me cry. Always sad to change one's life before going on with another.
Then a phone call out of the blue. The Cobram Spinners group were in town before going to Mandie's (EGMTK) shop in Tongala, could they stop by (we are talking a busload). They would call when leaving Tongala. They turned and viewed my little studio, and shopped. Not bad for not being prepared. Next time if advance notice, I will have a big display of fleeces out as well.
Such a fun day!!


3 comments:

  1. The neutral batts are lovely - I can just see them spun up with some add-ons, yummy.

    I was thinking about going to Mandie's opening but couldn't face the long drive by myself. I will visit her shop one day though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good mumsy! Did they buy much off you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of small sales that I have for charity from donations of wool, Rebecca.
    Arty Lady - Getting my dyed fleeces carded to work on some blends.

    ReplyDelete