Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winding down for Christmas...

I am winding down the markets with only one to go at Girgarre before Christmas.
We are having a surprise party for my father's 80th birthday the week before Christmas, so will be able to catch up with family that we haven't seen in awhile.
Fleeces have been baled up in the North East for value adding.
The remainder of the fleeces will be taken over to Riverina wool company in Moama, and some will remain for wool dyeing and spinning. I am hoping to have 100gm lots of hand dyed Corriedale fleeces for sale on the website and at the markets, next year.
A gentleman has approached me asking if I could use his Saxon merino fleeces. As these are very fine fleeces, I have offered to trial washing and dyeing and making small rolags with the handcarders as I don't think they will be suitable through the motorized carder. Could be very interesting. I will be getting these samples sometime after Christmas. The possible outcome may be suitable for felters.
The Vat room has almost been cleaned out of fleeces in preparation for the dairy revamp. Hard finding a new home for fleeces.
In the garden, tomato lants are growing, beetroot, zucchini, and bean seeds have sprouted. Have to keep up the watering with a lack of rain.
I am now ready to do the bands on the grey cardigan. I am happy with the lacework, and my compatriots love it, so I might get this in the Beechworth Old Schoolhouse Gallery for display.

 I am having a serious look at my natural fleeces and am working at spinning these for most of the summer, as well as my spinning commission.

Just another scarf that has been knitted on the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment