Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of 2011..

As it is the last day of the year, I thought I should post something.
Today one of my sheep died. It was not unexpected as it has been unhappy for more than a week. I could not detect any flystrike and assumed it was an internal issue. He would drink and chew a little grass, so I let nature take it's course. He did not look like he was suffering, just unhappy. It was sad as it was my first actual sheep death since I started in 2007, so I consider I was lucky. This fellow was born here in 2008.
At present I have several projects on the go including some handspinning that I am going to give to a friend for her 60th birthday next week. It is a natural grey which I will then dye in her favourite colour. (So her daughter says.)
More skeins of the white alpaca have been completed, and I am balling them up for the client as I know how extra busy she is as a busy GP.
Wishing all my followers and visitors a Happy and Safe New Year and we hope 2012 will be a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment